Thank you David Pogue of the New York Times for posting this blog article on the front page of your Technology Personal Tech. I apologize for not having my OC Web Design Blog up to date, I’ve been very busy growing a company, but I’ll get it fixed asap.
Anyone interested in seeing our work or hiring a great web designer, here’s our website link and phone. 800-658-0113.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter and Facebook as well.
Original Article Below….
Hi Everyone, well the big day is here and all the hype we’ve all been waiting for is now over. Now it’s time to breakdown the iPad and see what it can and can’t do. As I prepare this blog post though, I do have to say that I’m so disappointed I can’t even add the iPad to the “Cool Stuff” and “Productivity” categories I use in my Wordpress. The iPad isn’t any cooler than the iPhone and it certainly isn’t a productivity tool, so sorry Apple, you don’t deserve those categories.
This is not an Apple product I have any interest in and let me explain why, then you can judge for yourself. I’ll give you a nice clean list of the things it can’t do. I’m not even going to bother showing you a list of things it can do, because in my eye’s, if it doesn’t do the things it should, I don’t care what it can do. I hope that makes sense.
Things the iPad can’t do:
1. No Camera, that’s right, you can’t take pics and e-mail them.
2. No Web Cam, that’s right, no iChat or Skype Video chatting.
3. No Flash, that’s right, you can’t watch NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX or HULU.
4. No External Ports, such as Volume, Mic, DVI, USB, Firewire, SD card or HDMI
5. No Multitasking, which means only one App can be running at a time. Think iPhone = Failure.
6. No Software installs except Apps. Again think iPhone = Failure.
7. No SMS, MMS or Phone.
8. Only supports iTunes movies, music and Books, meaning Money, Money, Money for Apple.
9. WAY, WAY, WAY over priced.
10. They will Accessorize you to death if you want to do anything at all with it and you can bet these Accessories will cost $29.99 for each of them.
11. No Full GPS*
12. No Native Widescreen*
13. No 1080P Playback*
14. No File Management*
What an utter disappointment and abysmal failure of an Apple product. How can Steve Jobs stand up on that stage and hype this product up and not see everything this thing is not and everything this thing is lacking? Where is the revolutionary Steve Jobs? Where is our glorious Apple iPad with everything everyone in the Blog and User Group Communities have been asking for in the last 6 months? This product shows that Apple has lost touch with their customers needs and wants, not to mention the current technology that it could have had. If you want to see all the technology and features other companies are packing into their Tablets, just go to Mashable and I think you’ll agree and see why the iPad is a failure.
Apple would like you to believe the new iPad is a revolutionary new product, with all new ideas, but it’s really just part Digital Picture Frame, part iPhone and part E-Reader. That’s it folks. They even use words like Magical, Ground Breaking and Breathtaking.
I’m Completely disappointed and now waiting for Google to do it right and create the same thing, but with all the features people would expect it to have.
Now, you want to see a cool Tablet? It’s a little large, but this I would buy Today, if it was ready.